Thanks to our passion for authentic flavors and our uncompromising commitment to fresh ingredients, Los Sombreros has earned local awards and garnered national attention, which we proudly present to you here.
- Gold Medal at Devoured 2013
- “4 Stars” - LocalEats 2013
- “Best Restaurants” – Zagat Guide 2012
- “Certificate of Excellence” – Trip Advisor 2012
- “Best Huitlacoche” – Phoenix New Times 2012, 2011 & 2010
- “Best Enchiladas” – Phoenix Magazine 2011
- “Best Chips & Salsa” – Phoenix Magazine 2010
- “America’s Top Restaurant” – Zagat Guide 2010
- “5 Stars” - Arizona Republic"
- “Best Margarita” - Arizona Republic
- “Top 100 Restaurants to visit” - Phoenix Magazine
- “Best Entrée award form local Chefs” - Desert Living Magazine
- “Best Modern Mexican Restaurant”- Phoenix New Times
In the news:
- Our Mole poblano makes the Phoenix New Times' "100 Favorite Dishes List". View Article>
- Phoenix New Times article about Huitlacoche. Not sure what it is? Better stop by and try our Huitlacoche Crepes.View Article>
- Chef and Owner Azucena Tovar shares her secrets on making delicious Green Corn Tamales. View Video>
- Los Sombreros on Sonoran Living. View Video>
- The New York Times' Rocky Casale writes about San Miguel de Allende, the hometown of Los Sombreros owner Azucena Tovar. "With its breezy blue skies and baroque architecture, San Miguel de Allende has been a tropical haven for expatriates and retirees since the 1930s." he writes View Article>
- "Like everything else at Los Sombreros, holiday tamales are crafted with care and attention to detail." writes Melissa Larsen of the Arizona Foothills Magazine View Article>
- Check out Azucena Tovars Chef feature in the Arizona Foothills Magazine.
- "...cuitlacoche (pronounced QUEET-la-coh-chay). The gray, stone-shaped fungus...is revered by Mexican gourmet chefs and home-style cooks alike. The fungus — which some say has an earthy, tangy, mushroom-like flavor with a hint of raw corn — is a popular ingredient in soups and quesadillas." says National Public Radio columnist Monica Ortiz Uribe.
View the full National Public Radio article>
- David M. Brown writing for AZ Lifestyles Magazine "...suggest[s] five fine restaurants serving authentic foods from different backgrounds
View the full article >
- Azucena cooks up Mole Verde for Cinco de Mayo View article >